Thursday, July 14, 2016

Reflections on KScope16

KScope16 is now in the rear view and what a week it was.  This year was unique for me because for the first time in several years I was able to participate as an attendee (and this year a vendor). 

It was a very different experience indeed, but I loved every minute of it. I was able to reconnect with folks I haven't seen in years, like Ralf Schroeder (pictured) and Ran Dumpit who I hadn't seen since KScope 2009 in Monterey, California. I wouldn't trade my time on the ODTUG Board, but it was sure great having time to sit and visit. It brought me right back to why I love this conference so much.

This year Insum went "all in" sending a whopping 13 folks. Never in the history of our company have we mustered that kind of presence. It certainly paid off. We were able to completely canvas each and every APEX session and a large portion of the database track, too.  The Insum booth stayed humming the entire week. Our customer panel on Tuesday was standing room only.

We've put together a list of KScope highlights from each of us attending from Insum. You can find it here. Give it a read and let me know if it matches your experience. 

I'd be remiss in not mentioning a few of us even made a pilgrimage to the famous Billy Goat Tavern (and not one of us ordered fries or a Pepsi).  If you're an Oracle professional and have not attended a ODTUG event, plan on joining me in San Antonio, TX, June 25-29, 2017 for KScope17. Use registration code 'INSUM' and I'll save you an additional $100!


...our journey continues

No comments: